This is diao. I have to write the speech out, and I'm lost for words, can somebody help me?
This is what I have.
"Good morning, fellow citizens and subjects of Britain. I know you have heard Barisan Sosialis points for not having a merger. I shall rebutt on it and also give you the reasons for a unification between the British Borneo States, us all and Malaya. Firstly, as all you know, Singapore's traditional entrepot trade is failing us badly because of the building of ports around our neighbouring countries and we have to change to manufacture items soon. In order for that to happen, we will need a hinterland, which will provide us the needed resources and use Singapore as a port of call. This hinterland is Malaysia. The only land we can depend on. Even more benificial to Singapore was that we could have a Common Market. We can trade with our nearest neighbours freely! As we go on to the next problem, I sympathize with some of you being unemployed. But do not worry. Soon all of you, I'm sure after the merger, would gain jobs. The new companies will grow bigger and prosperous. Some of you here are working at the British bases right? Do not worry, soon you may be retrenched after the merger, but the new leadership under new Malaysia will also provide you with jobs. So what is it wrong about merging with Malaya?
About the Barisan Sosalis calls about that Singapore should not join, they are just calls to make Singapore independent and under Communist rule. You make like Communist, but think about the situation in both China and Russia. They are being controlled like puppets and they have no rule and rights of themselves. They are being tortured and treated like dogs. Would you like that? I don't think so. So support for a united Malaysia and strive towards it!"
What do you think of it? Do please give me suggestions
No comments:
Post a Comment